Skip to content

A Sports-filled Weekend!

October 8, 2011

I am officially the worst blogger ever.

We had such a fun weekend last weekend, and I even remembered to take pictures!

But then, I didn’t blog about it. Not because I didn’t have time. But because I was too lazy to upload the pictures. Ha! So here goes…

Last weekend, David’s friend Andy came in town from Austin for the Cowboys game! We also ended up getting tickets to see the Rangers play in Game 2 of the ALDS, so Clayton also came up from Austin! So Saturday afternoon, we tailgated for the Rangers game…

We had a such a fun tailgate group with us, including the Madson’s!  Not only was it Game 2 of the ALDS, it was also Erin’s 28th birthday!

Aaron also stopped by to tailgate, even though he didn’t have a ticket to the game.

We grilled hot dogs and bacon wrapped jalapenos…

I believe the Madson’s thoroughly enjoyed the hot dogs…(even though Jeremy’s bun broke) :)

HAHAHA! After filling our bellies with grub, we headed into the Ballpark.

The atmosphere inside the Ballpark was insane! There’s just nothing like playoff baseball.

The Rangers soundly defeated the Tampa Bay Rays, 8 to 6! WOOO HOOOO!! The Rangers would ultimately take the Division in four games and advance to the ALCS!

On Sunday, we were up bright and early to tailgate for the Cowboy’s game!

Usually, Cowboys tailgates are my most favorite thing to do in the Fall.  And Sunday was our very first tailgate of the season.  Unfortunately, I was not feeling it. At. All.  I didn’t get much sleep Saturday night after all the Ranger’s excitement.  I was hungover.  And so tired.  But I did my best to rally.

I would LOVE to say that our teams won all the games we attended that weekend. UNFORTUNATELY, in true Cowboy’s fashion…we lost.  Not only did we lose, we basically GAVE THE GAME AWAY.  So frustrating!  The Cowboys were beating the Lions by TWENTY points at halftime.  But in the second half, the Lions turned two interceptions into two touchdowns, and pretty much after that, we gave up.  Cowboys lost 34-30.  BOO!

At least we have our Rangers to cheer on!  The Rangers are currently playing the Tigers in Game 1 of the ALCS.  The weather hasn’t really been cooperating, though, with two rain delays thus far. Hopefully it clears up enough for them to finish the game! Go Rangers!!

Also, I haven’t posted a recipe for you guys lately, so I’ll leave you with this one. I made these and brought them to both tailgates last weekend and they got RAVE reviews! They are SO GOOD, they practically melt in your mouth! Enjoy!

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles (from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  1. Adjust the oven racks to the upper-and lower-middle positions and heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda,  salt and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the egg and beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the pumpkin puree and beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low-speed until just combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl as needed.
  4. Place the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon for rolling in a shallow bowl. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball, roll the ball in the sugar mixture, and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart
  5. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, until the edges are set and just beginning to brown but the centers are still soft and puffy, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets about 5 minutes; using a wide metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.

Yields: 4 dozen (I got 5 dozen)

3 Comments leave one →
  1. Jeremy Madson permalink
    October 9, 2011 3:16 am

    Yeah!! The Madson’s made the Montgomery’s Blog!!!

  2. October 9, 2011 6:48 pm

    Wow it looks like you guys had a great weekend! I love tailgating! I am so glad that you enjoyed the cookies! :)

  3. Kristina Vonderau permalink
    October 9, 2011 9:19 pm

    It was a great weekend, thanks for having me :-) Hope to see you guys again soon!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: